Arthington Hall, 2013-Ongoing
think architecture+design have just received an initial planning and listed building consent to return the Georgian "sugar cube" Hall back to its former Georgian appearance, complete with door and roof pediments removed during Victorian modifications. This fine grade two listed building with origins dating back to the late 17th century is attributed to John Carr circa 1770, with the later west wing and modifications including the rather incongruous conservatory by Alfred Waterhouse in the 1870's.
The proposals will see the complete restoration of the Hall, retaining the Georgian interiors, including the magnificent flying staircase, and the restoration of the principle 9 bay facade to its former appearance.
Along with a programme of refurbishment and further improvements to both the Hall and grounds the Hall's history as a family residence will continue into the future.